Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Does my child get a uniform?
Yes, our Spring Club League: Minis and Youth all fees include a jersey, shorts, and socks. In our Excelsior Academy, 2 pairs of Adidas shorts and 2 pairs of Adidas socks are included. Game day jerseys are loaned out for the season. Excelsior Academy Training jerseys need to be purchased separately.
How can I order additional PFC jerseys, warm-up jacket, socks and pants?
Through the Soccer Express website, www.soccerx.com, they supply us with all our club wear. You will need to create an account and then select Pinnacles FC as your club so all items ordered will then come with the Pinnacles FC logo on it.
How many games will we get?
Depending on the league you are registered in and the length of the season:
Club Youth –up to 10-15 games District – up to 10-15
How can I become a volunteer coach?
Please contact our admin office email@example.com.
Can I pay by cash?
No, we do not accept cash; you can pay online through our website,
If my son/daughter registers late, do we get a discount for missed games and/or practices?
No, late registrations actually end up costing more in admin than on- time registrations.
Why is the cost more from Soccer Tots to U5 Minis in the Spring Season?
Soccer Tots is an introduction to soccer, and is only once a week. U5 mini is once a week training and once a week mini games. Minis also receive a full uniform (jersey, shorts and socks)
Where are the fields?
Please see our website page for PFC fields in your area: http://www.pinnaclesfc.ca/about/field-locations/
How often do you have to travel – for Youth and for Mini?
Youth players play in the South Okanagan only, so they will play in Summerland, Oliver, Osoyoos, Penticton and Keremeos.
When are the practice times for Youth ages?
Youth team practices are all decided by the volunteer coach in consultation with his/her team (parents and players). They will practice a minimum of 1 day a week.
Who do I make the cheque out to?
Cheques can be made out to ‘Pinnacles FC’
Are there any penalties for late registration?
As of spring 2020, we will be instituting a late fee that will be $100 more than the regular registration fee. We understand that on the surface this may seem excessive, however, when we have approximately 1500 players to contend with it is far too difficult to find extra coaches, equipment, and jerseys after our initial organization and ordering.
Our goal is to provide our players with the best experience possible which is made easier when we can be completely organized with coaches, jerseys and equipment before the season starts. Please understand that we really do not want to be collecting the $100 late fee, we would very much prefer that everyone registers by the deadlines.
If my child does not like soccer, can I get a refund?
- Requests for refunds must be made in writing to the Pinnacles FC office administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refunds will be prorated and less $30 administration fee.
- Refunds are only given to players cancelling registration for the purpose of not returning to the program.
- Programs that are cancelled due to COVID-19, will have fees prorated and deferred to next available program.
- Members will bay a $50 fee for any NSF.
Is there financial assistance available for players?
Players may request financial assistance through the Jumpstart or Kidsport programs.
What days of the week are practices?
Please see our website under the Program tab for Mini practice times by region.
Can International Students play in the league?
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: In January 2018 a change has been brought forward where there is a possibility of International Students playing in our league. The entire document is found HERE - please specifically look towards the bottom of page 5 where it says as copied below. The form that needs to be completed and submitted with the documentation is found HERE (please note there is a $105 fee apparently charged for this - not by PFC).
*NEW* Minors who are Exchange Students
Typically exchange students are ineligible to apply for an ITC because they must have at least one parent in Canada with them; however the FIFA Players Status Committee may, on a case-by-case basis, review an application to grant approval to request a minor exchange student’s ITC, providing one of the following very specific circumstances apply and the club the minor player intends on registering with has no professional team, is strictly amateur, and has no financial, legal, or de facto links to a professional club:
NOTE: even if the following circumstances apply, there is no guarantee that FIFA will grant approval
- The duration of the player’s academic study abroad program and the duration of the player’s envisaged club registration is less than a year; or
- The duration of the player’s academic study abroad program is longer than a year, but the player is turning 18 in less than a year; or
- The duration of the player’s academic study abroad program is longer than a year, but there is less than a year of the program
If applying to the FIFA Players Status Committee, all of the mandatory documentation listed below must be included with the application:
Proof of Birth (Birth Certificate) of the player;
- Proof of identity and nationality of the player (passport);
- Proof of identity and nationality of the player’s parents (parents’ passports);
- Documentation of the Exchange Program (name, purpose, funding, duration, ) provided by the exchange program;
- Registration form for the exchange program (as completed by the parents and the minor player);
- Confirmation of the players return to his home country (signed declaration by the parents or the exchange program that the minor player will return to his home country upon completion of the exchange program);
- Documentation of academic education;
- Confirmation of player’s participation from academic institute in home country;
- Documentation of accommodation and care;
- Status of new club and duration of registration;
- Status of player with former club;
- Authorization of host parents; and
- Parental authorization
This process can take anywhere from two to six weeks to receive a decision (or longer, depending on the complexity of the case). Please note that provisional ITCs cannot be issued for the player during this application process. The FIFA Players Status Committee may also request additional documentation to what is listed above.
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
- Provisional Certificates for ITC applications of minors are only provided in cases where the player will be registering strictly as an amateur with an amateur club with no legal, financial or de facto links to a professional club.
- CSA DOES NOT communicate directly with District Associations, Clubs, players, or parents regarding ITC applications, questions, or status checks; they only communicate with the provincial body (BC Soccer).
Pinnacles FC is proud to appoint Jana Yates to our U15 Girls Excelsior District team. Jana’s soccer career started with Pinnacles FC as a young player within the club. Throughout her competitive career she has played for the Knights at Middle Georgia State University, the WarHawks at Auburn Montgomery University in Alabama , the University…
Patrick Buchanan is one of our most engaged PFC board members and coaches. Serving in various capacities and roles with PFC for more than 13 years, Patrick will add to his responsibilities by assisting Coach Tommy as Pinnacles FC increases their Goalkeeper training program this spring. Patrick has also accepted the role as Liaison for…
Pinnacles FC is proud to appoint Shea Coutts to our U13 Girls Excelsior team. Shea has played soccer since the young age of 5. She began her coaching journey at 12, and has learned from many high ranking coaches over the years. She once took over as coach during a tournament and helped lead that…
BC Soccer looks forward to 2021 with hope and optimism Posted on January 5th, 2021 by BC Soccer Although 2020 challenged us, we learned some valuable lessons and experienced personal and collective growth because of it. January 5th, 2021 – Vancouver BC One year ago, we rang-in 2020 filled with excitement and optimism over a new year, and…
Pinnacles FC is proud to appoint Steve Grant to our U15 Boys Excelsior District team. Steve played soccer for 4 years for University of Victoria as well as playing for the Okanagan Challenge and Pinnacles FC in the PCSL. He has coached multiple soccer teams to Provincials for PFC Excelsior and at the high…
Pinnacles FC is proud to appoint Rick Marini to our U14 Girls Excelsior District Team. Rick has been involved with Pinnacles FC and SOYSA since 2011. He has been an active coach for over 25 years and has played since the age of 5, competing at high levels during his youth. Rick has coached…
Pinnacles FC is proud to appoint Peter Ruocco to our U18 Boys Excelsior District Team. Peter has been involved with Pinnacles FC and SOYSA since 1990. He has been an active coach for over 35 years. Peter coached numerous teams to the BC High School Soccer Championships and took his District team to the Provincials…
Good afternoon Parents and Players, I hope this email finds you all healthy and well. With respect to the current rapid increase of COVID-19 cases in the South Interior and most recently into the School Community, the PFC Board of Directors met last night and have decided, as a group, to end our Winter November/December session…
On December 2, 2020 the BC Health Authority and specifically Dr. Henry announced added restrictions that impact soccer in BC. These fall under the Provincial Health Authority Order so we must comply.
On December 2, 2020 the BC Health Authority and specifically Dr. Henry announced added restrictions that impact soccer in BC. These fall under the Provincial Health Authority Order so we must comply. Adult indoor and outdoor soccer is suspended. Youth indoor and outdoor soccer can occur under Phase 1 Soccer Guidelines with the following restrictions:…
VANCOUVER, BC – Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced on Monday that the club has signed goalkeeper Isaac Boehmer from the Whitecaps FC Academy to an MLS Homegrown contract through 2020 with options to extend the contract for future seasons. “Isaac was with our first team in preseason and has worked hard to improve while developing in our…